Why I ♥ Burleson ISD.
In Burleson ISD, our students and teachers are exceeding like never before. It’s our strong performance and commitment to academic excellence that has our community feeling confident about our future.
We Love Our Students
- BISD met the highest performance standards in Student Achievement, Student Progress, Closing Performance Gaps and Postsecondary Readiness.
- Last year, enrollment in Dual Credit courses tripled and 54% of all high school students were taking Advanced Courses.
- The percentage of BISD students who achieved the STAAR Postsecondary Readiness Standard has steadily increased.
- This year, BISD has five students who have been named Commended Students in the 2017 National Merit Scholarship program.
We Love Our Teachers
- Eight BISD schools were awarded Campus Distinction Designations in areas like Reading/Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies and Student Progress.
- College GoCenters have been created with an education grant at each high school to provide students additional college and career guidance from counseling professionals.
- BISD's 1:You program put district-issued devices in the hands of all students in grades 3-8, enabling teachers to expand instruction beyond the four walls of their classroom and extend learning with a depth and rigor that challenges and engages students.
- Next fall (2017-18), BISD will issue devices to all high school students, further transforming classrooms and instructional methods with the infusion of technology.
- BISD continues to offer tailored education options through schools and programs of choice, based on feedback from parent and student surveys.
We Love Our Schools
- Every campus in BISD received the highest rating possible in TEA Accountability Ratings for 2016.
- STEAM Middle School opened as a choice school focusing on Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math, transforming an underutilized elementary school into a middle school for a fraction of the cost to build new.
- The Rigorous Educational Arcade Learning Model (REALM) opened within Kerr Middle School, providing personalized, student-paced learning through a game-design platform.
- BISD opened Burleson Collegiate High School, in partnership with Hill College, allowing students to graduate high school with an associate degree.
- At the elementary level, three choice schools opened in 2016: an Academy of the Arts, an Academy of Leadership and Technology, and a STEAM Academy.